Nov 19, 2016

O-Event

11-13 of November I ran 3 days of sprint events ─ O-Event in Borås.
The start field was not as strong as it was previous years because Swedish national team had meeting at some other place same weekend. But in the start list Emil Wingstedt was entered, so that was nice. You know, he is 41, but he won Norwegian sprint championships in 2013 and 2015.

Friday night we had night sprint. That one was really easy. Almost without route choices. Despite on that I made 2 mistakes, 1 of them on wrong route to 14th control.

Results, splits.

At Saturday we ran downhill sprint

My route to 6th control was not good.
After I punched at 9th control I start read the map as from 10th to 11th, so I went down on the slope. Came to path below 11th and was really surprised why I relocate myself there, how was that possible? Anyway, such of thoughts are useless at the course and useful after wards, after you pass finish line. So, I punch 11th and continued the course to the end. Of course I was a bit surprised at read out my SI card when I got to knew I was disqualified. And I realized my mistake and how happened that I found myself below 11th control.
That was my second ever disqualification. First one was at WOC 2015 middle. Well, I did not miss punched, but I missed a punch.
Results, splits.

Sunday was for Zoo orienteering.

I ran here previous year. This year it was more or less the same, without any surprises. That was quite good sprint. I ran well enough, some time loss here and there, bur well in general.
Results, splits.
Afterwards we went in the Zoo to take a look on some other kind of animals. The lions, tigers, wolves, bears ─ all were at place.

That was a bit pity to miss a punch at second day, because there was prize giving ceremony for overall winners. This year, as last one, the main prize was headlamp Ledx Cobra 6500.

As long as I already have one probably the universe decide to give it to someone else. It could be great to win it and resell it, but you should not be an idiot (нехер быть дебилом). The new lamp costs around 6800 sek or 700 euro.
Anyway, nice that Emil and Nastya got it.

I'll be in Wroclaw, Poland 22-28 of November, to hang around in the city in front of the World Games next year.

1 comment: