Apr 25, 2013

Tyrinatta

Yesterday I took part in night race Tyrinatta.
It was a little bit more than 1 hour drive from place where I stay now with nice views.
The start was at 21:30 and still at that time I didn't turn on my lamp due to light from sunset was enough to read the map at road after the start. But not enough in the forest.
It was relay with 3 legs. 1 and 2 leg have start together at same time and your 3 leg start after the slowest teammate at finish line. I was running 1 and 3 leg in team. So I have my start on 1 leg at same time with teammate Christian on 2 leg. I was 3 minutes faster to finish than he. So I took 3 minutes rest between and start again for last, 3 leg. I was 5 at finnish after 1 leg and Christian was second. I went out for last leg on 2 spot but quite fast become a leader and finished 1.
Maps (quite bad GPS signal on 1 loop and battery died at finnish):
Mistakes:
- some seconds to 2 and 3 control.
- route to 8. the plan was to go straight, but lost direction and find myself at road to the field.
- 12.
- 3:30 miss on 13. "lost in broad daylight" (в трёх соснах потерялся).


- 8 control. miss 20 second. didn't saw it in green.


This terrain is not typical norwegian, as you know. But it's great that it's here, because it's really very similar to this years WOC long distance.

Here will be Norgescup coming weekend with sprint WRE in friday, middle in saturday and chase start on long distance in sunday. There will be: touch free punching system on sprint, GPS translation all days.

As you can see, some updates is in blog. Because of totally free time for trainings and so on.
Also sometimes there is also not enough time for blog even with free time if trainings are in the forest. But here is still some snow left in the forest:

2 comments: