Apr 29, 2013

Norgescup 1-3

Last weekend I took part in first three stages of Norgescup 2013
In friday it was an WRE sprint. Norgescup #1.

It was quite easy techniсally race with few route choices. So the speed was decisive factor.

I did just some small mistakes, like to the 6 and 16 controls. And maybe wrong route to 12.
I took 11 place with +31 second to the winner Oystein Kvaal Osterbo.
For the first time I tried touch free punching system. And I liked it.

In Saturday it was middle distance. Norgescup #2.

It went well enough till 7 control, where I miss first big seconds. Then mistakes on 13 and 21 don't leave any chances to me for well result: approximately 29 time on finish. Why approximately? It was something wrong with time keeping in men elite class. Organizers has publish the result list, but then delete it and publish new one after some corrections. And even in second edition my time was 30 seconds worser then it actually was. Anyway, I wasn't the winner of the day, so it doesn't really matters.
According to this results I took 36 place with +4:42 to the winner Hans Gunnar Omdal.
Results. No proper splits. GPS reply.

And in Sunday it was "long" distance chase start based on middle results. Norgescup #3.
The worst thing was that it wasn't any forking on 13K course.

So again, this day for me was all about running. Following someone in front. 
All the course I was in group of runners. We were from 2 to 13 persons.
On the second loop on the way to control 21 I realized that who will be the first on the field to control 23 he will be the winner of our group at finnish. So the strategy was as clear as sky: push after 22 punch. I was the first on the field to 23 control and won the finish of the group.
But our group was slower than group of Emil Wingstedt who won both: the race at finish and best time.
Results (the distance time). Results (places on finish). GPS reply.

3 comments: